Desjardins holding my payments

I am currently on STD having trouble with my current claim advisor. My original claim advisor is not working on my file anymore. The new person who took over my file asked for updated doctors report. I email him reports a week ago and so far i have not heard back. I did emailed him & left phone msg but still no reply. This ignorance is really stressing me out. What are my options here ?

Your situation is very common in my experience and unfortunately there are no good options at this stage. You are in their world and they have all the control of the process and timelines etc. Very hard to hold them accountable at the stage you are at.

All you can do is to try and speak with this person’s supervisor (but those requests may also get ignored). If the non-communication lasts for more than 30 days you can submit a complaint to the insurance regulator for your province. That actually can work, but it has to be a longer period of non-communication for them to take any real action on it.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

Thanks David. Finally the claim advisor called back and exteded the payment & now he also wants me to sign up “Authorization to disclose personal health info” form in order to access me for LTD, is there any harm in signing up the form?

1 Like

I don’t think I had to sign a form like that but I did provide all my medical records on a USB.
I think that is similar except they can’t get anything recent without my permission (I think).
This doesn’t answer your question.