Denied cppd what now?

Hi all I’ve been denied CPPD. I am going to appeal that. How often do they deny 2 x’s ? TIA.

1 Like

A lot of valid claims get denied the first time so don’t get discouraged.
Read the articles on this website on what to put in your appeal.

I don’t know what 2x TIA is.

Thank you I will do my research. Sorry I was asking if you can get denied 2 times. Thank you in advance.

You can but I think that is when you get a lawyer.

I am guessing, maybe you should get a lawyer now.
I’m pretty sure one of the articles David wrote goes through the process.
Good luck.

I wad denied two times and then approved before going to Tribunal. I hired Resolute Legal to help me with my case. And we won.

Also can LTD terminate you if they asked you to apply for cppd and you are denied?

No. They are two separate cases.

1 Like

They are separate but they can terminate you for any reason and make you sue.
You can have LTD and not CPPD though.

Hey Jammer - where did you get the information that the LTD insurer can terminate you for any reason? Also, are you sure that you have the right to sue when a long term disability benefit is terminated?

Joanne don’t read too much into what Jammer said, it was just a general statement about how sometimes you and your insurer might disagree about your disability status and you might need to sue to enforce your contract of insurance.

I’m not a lawyer.

Anyone can do anything they want, that doesn’t make it legal.
It is doubtful an insurance company would terminate a solid claim because they would have to prove in court that they were right.

It is likely you can unless there is some other grievance mechanism (ie. in a union).
Depends on your policy.
If you’re in the situation of being cut off, get a free consult with Resolute.

Two denials at Service Canada level and then you have to go to the Tribunal for a final decision. Check out our firm’s blog. I just wrote a detailed guide to the reconsideration appeal.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.