Cpp (d) and CERB

I’m on CCP D and I m receiving 825. 00 a month, my husband supports me because my mon6is just enough for my meds and my personal item. So he is paying all the bills plus he has a auto shop with high over head. He applied for the CERB but 2000.00 a month isnt enough to pay rent at the business. I started a small busines with yoga beads bracelet and I invested quite a bit with my line of credit. I just earned enough to pay off my line of credit. Can I apply for the cerb?


If you have made at least 5000 (and under 5800.01) in the last 12 months And you stopped working/selling due to COVID 19-Apply. Expect an audit, and you will need documentation of your sales/business. I expect quite a few on CPP-D may claim self employment to get the CERB. I would highly expect an audit.

1 Like

If a person also gets LTD then they should think hard.


You income tax records for 2019 and 2020 would need to show you and income (revenue minus expenses) of $5,000 or more. You have to be careful because you may have revenue of $5,000 or more, but when you expenses are added in it can make your income BELOW the $5,000 needed to qualify for the CERB.

If your tax returns won’t show an income of $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months leading up to your application for the CERB then you should not apply.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.