Change in LTD case manager ? advice

Hi. I just was approved cppd. im past the 2 year point on LTD and just submitted the paperwork for a medical check in. my current case manager i called the other day said they were going to do the medical review, and after i will be changed to another case manager. Is this normal? they said they do this on occassion. I dont know, just always anxious over this as they dont seem to really care about anything other then denying. Should I ask for my case file ? all my health care providers say the same thing, will not be returning to work for the foreseable future, one even wrote that it is inappropriate to even bring up.

Nope this is perfectly normal. What’s unusual is that they told you about the change in advance.

I agree with Caro that this is normal. There are case managers for “active” claims and those for “inactive” claims. It seems like you may be moving to inactive, which only means they check in with you less often.

Or it can simply be promotions, people leaving, etc.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-917-7050 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.