Am I missing something here?

Hey there, so I have been approved for DTC dating back to 2014, had my taxes reassessed and they’ll be ‘officially’ done on the 18th, but the express notice is done now. Here’s the part of I’m confused, each years federal non-refundable tax credits is in the 3,000 range, and everything I’ve looked up says I should be receiving 1,000-2,000 per year in retroactive pay, but this morning I saw a statement saying I’ll be receiving a refund of 1,594.39 and it sounds like its only for 2023. And I have looked over every year, and didn’t see that I was owing anything

I am I just jumping the gun? Did I miss a step? Is there a step after to receive retroactive pay for the previous years? Thank you for your time.

Do you see express notices for each of the affected tax years? If not, I suggest giving it a bit more time.
In my experience, you should (eventually) get a reassessment for each tax year affected with any additional refund including interest calculated on the reassessment in each individual year. It may be that they have only reassessed 2023 so far?

I can see the express notice for all the previous years, but not that I am thinking about it that was post the 8th and I got the notice of the refund the 12th. So maybe you’re right and it just takes a bit for the other years?

I would give it a bit of time and review the reassessments for each year when they are published. The actual notice of reassessment published for each year should have the payment amount associated with that year.

If you open an RDSP I think you get the grants for those back dated years and the bond room to get matching gov. contributions.