Requesting master copy

Thank you for the heads up I appreciate it.

1 Like

The meaning of "inability to do any job"is very nuanced and you should not rely on a literal interpretation of this. It does not mean that you have to be unable to perform “any job”. There are many qualifiers to this, including an income threshold. For example, in some circumstances, it is possible to work part-time and still meet the definition “of disabled from any job” as defined by an insurance policy.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

3 Likes

David, is there any way to find out the income threshold and any other criteria an insurance company uses?

Income thresholds for “any occupation” are either stated explicitly in the policy or have to be inferred from the policy. Most often will be in the range of 60-66% of pre disability net income.

David Brannen

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

2 Likes

I was facing problem of rapid cycling bipolar from last 5 month. Took treatment from doctors and finally i recovered from it. I read one article to find out whether i have symptoms of rapid cycling bipolar or not.

1 Like

My LTD provider sent me for an IME then for a Functional Capacity Evaluation. Prior to the evaluation my Case Manager told me I have been on LTD for a long time. I guess he wants to stop paying me. I have not received any letters or phone calls since the evaluation. I did my best on the evaluation.

LTD provider has not sent me a copy of IME’s report as per my request.

Please note the link is not working.

Has it been 90 days?

1 Like

IME was done last year.

Well the insurance company didn’t cut you off.
Can you contact the IME directly?

1 Like

No the insurance company did not cut me off so I am should not force the issue. I am gonna stay quiet for now.

May I know what’s the difference of the master copy and a copy of insurance policy? I only requested a copy of the policy, not enough?

I don’t know.
All I have is the summary I got from the employer.
I haven’t had a need to get a full copy from the insurance company.
I don’t know under what condition people need a copy from the insurance company.
Maybe when the insurance company says something that contradicts what the summary says.

1 Like

The master copy is the version that has all the signatures of the insurance company and the company that bought the policy (usually an employer). It is essentially the official original document that was signed. That document is never given out outside of litigation. There are various versions of the policy that will be given out to insured people – from something that is almost a complete replica of the master policy to a brochure that only sumarizes things – and everything in between. Usually the group benefits booklet – that is produced for employees – is enough unless there are very technical disputes over clauses within the policy.

David Brannen

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

1 Like

i asked for a copy of my policy when I am asked to attend imes and I would like to know how it was defined, I couldn’t see it form the booklet

Ah, I don’t think ime stuff is in my booklet either.
I don’t know how they decide to send you to an ime, it might be an internal insurance company thing.
You can get the ime’s report.