Moving provinces and buying a house

I’m on CPP Disability, I am selling vacant land I had intended to homestead on but after trying to lug water and live off grid I decided I’d die up there it’s so remote so I’m selling it and will have to move from BC to the Maritimes where I can buy a house to live in.
What next? What do I do first? Am I allowed to keep any of the money as a fall back? Is there a ratio or percentage I am allowed to keep ( we are talking under 75,000 if I buy a house for 100,000)
Thanks, am confounded

All the money is yours to use as you want.
Happy selling. :slight_smile:

Yes, CPP disability payments and eligibility is based on your “ability to do work” not on how much money you have in the bank or new money earned from selling assets. Provincial disability benefits (for example like PWD in BC) do use a financial means test so they would be affected.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.