Long Term Buyout

I have been on Long Term Disability for over 10 years now. I would like to see if I could receive a buyout possibly. There are a number of reasons that I would like to consider this. Has anyone tried to discuss this with the insurance company? David do you handle this type of thing? Thank you :blush:

Lots of people have asked about that.
Type ‘ask for buyout’ in the search box.

Asking will probably raise red flags with the insurance company so it is not really a good idea to approach them.

1 Like

Pretty hard to ask for a buyout because, like @jammer said, it will raise flags. They will assume the “number of reasons” are financial. It’s a shame because I know people who are in situations where they have 20 years left on their LTD and they would probably take a buyout of, say, 5 years, because they can do some kind of work, but the work doesn’t pay as much as their LTD, or it’s not worth it to do it. So they end up stuck on LTD for life instead of being able to contribution something to society.

1 Like

We don’t represent people in buyout negotiations typically. We do have an article on our website that you would find helpful. Buyout of Disability Insurance Policy.

1 Like