Taxes/lump sum CPPD

HI there

I am trying to file my mother in laws taxes. Last year she was approved for CPPD and they back paid her 5 years. She was issued a T4A(P) with the whole sum on it. We were told that the amounts would be distributed per th e year they were back paid for. How do you do that?

Search for “tax year” on the forum.