CPP backpay approved then deined last minute

I have been on aish for about 5 years, a few months ago they told me i had to go on cpp as well so i did the process, and got approved. However from all sides, aish (i asked a worker to look into it and she checked it out and said you will get back pay) , and cpp and even h & r block who i talked to, they all said i owed nothing and i was supposed to get like 18000, then a week before i was supposed to get my back pay aish said they re checked and i owed the exact amount to the penny i was supposed to get in back pay but the plus side was i dont owe them now. when i went to appeal it she said i cant. that the people who get back pay are ones who applied years ago. if i cant get it or appeal i will let it go but i just want to make sure im doing all i can before i do… pointing out anything i missed would be grateful, idk if i still have the paperwork from the process.

I’m guessing but it sounds like since you were paid by aish the for 5 years any back pay from CPP-D would pay back aish the amount you would have got from CPP-D over the 5 years.
Assuming your current aish payment is reduced by the amount of CPP-D you get each month.
If people get CPP-D on top of aish then I have no idea.

1 Like

no i think its the consent to deductions where i was still on aish until i was approved so cppd paid aish to even it out.

1 Like