Salary to use for LTD Benefit Amount?

Back on 2016 I applied for disability insurance while our company was in work sharing program basically
our working hours cut to half and the rest of hours covered by government work sharing program up to 60% of hourly rate. my question is the insurance covers based on my current 20 hours per week,
actually
I worked for 8 years as a full time employ 40 hours per week in your opinion is it should be like that or something is missing.

The formula for calculating the benefit amount will be in the policy. It is normally based on your income at the date of disability. If your income had already reduced at the date of disability, then it is possible your benefit could be based on that lesser amount. An execution would be if you reduced your hours due to your disability, but did not apply for disability. If your hours and salary were reduced because of workplace changes, then it is possible you will be stuck with the salary in place as of your date of disability. Date of disability is defined as the day after your last day at work before going on extended disability leave that lead to the current LTD claim.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.