CPP won't tell decision over the phone

CPP wont tell decision over the phone…They say decision has been made but are not elaborating on it. Does it mean it is denied? Anyone else with similar experience

The status online might be up to date.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/online/mysca.shtml

thank you jammer,
I ve already checked online and have been checking constantly but no updates as of yet. I even went to Service Canada nearby location and have been advised the same. I guess I just have to wait for that piece of mail to come.

Keep checking the Service Canada site. Expect the worst and hope for the best. If it is a denial you can appeal. 60% are denied first try–and if you are younger than 50 then I think the denial rate is higher. Did your Insurer ask you to apply for CPP-D and then terminate your claim? Did they make you sign the irrevocable forms for CPP-D?

Yes they asked me to apply and then terminated benefits a of this month. I have signed irrevocable forms so I am not sure if there is a way to withdraw my consent and cut them off from accessing CPP if it is approved

Point that out to your lawyer–that was just a cash grab on their part!

I would assume the irrevocable consent would be nullified when they cut you off but it’d be interesting to hear a legal opinion.
On the other had the insurance company was paying you during the period the retro CPP-D will be for.
Morally, I think they should lose the automatic retro CPP-D because they cut you off.

No jammer–it is irrevocable. Once signed it is a done deal-no backing out.

Actually…it can be revoked if the insurer agrees to do so. We recently negotiated a case where part of the settlement was that the insurer agree to revoke the irrevocable CPP form. I doubt you could ever get them to agree to this outside of a lawsuit settlement.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

_The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliabile manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team._strong text

2 Likes

That is the response my husband got when he called and 2 days later he got a letter stating he was denied.