Appeal question

I am in the appeal process of my claim. My Doctor has provided me with his chart notes and a letter for CPP. My problem is that my Dr is so darn busy (as are all Dr in this country now) and I’m afraid his letter may not be descriptive or detailed enough. Should I be including a letter from myself in the appeal package as well? I’m also still waiting on referral appointments to the pain management clinic at the hospital and further EMG studies both of which are back logged in my province for up to a year which will take me way past my decline to have my package deleivered to CPP. I feel like I am going to be denied again base on the contributing factor that our healthcare system is clogged. I would appreciate any advice.

I wrote about my work history and struggles and how my condition has affected me (things I used to do and can’t anymore). The medical form was pretty brief. I would recommend writing in your own words what is going on with you. Make sure you read
https://resolutelegal.ca/cpp-disability-benefits/appealing-cpp-denial/
And
https://resolutelegal.ca/cpp-disability-benefits/applying-cpp-disability-payments/

Thank you for your response. I have about a week left to get my appeal information in. I was considering writing my own letter to go with the package, but wasn’t sure if it would contribute to my appeal. I now think a personal letter is a must.

I wish you well.
How long do appeals take to reach a judgement?

I have know idea. They were very kind to give me an extension as my Dr was away,

I believe it is helpful when people include a letter that describes their symptoms and limitations, and how those would limit you from doing any type of employment. It is helpful to explain all the things you have done to try and remain at work or in the workforce.

Stay away from including a lot your own commentary on medical opinions or including case law etc, legal arguments, etc. That usually does not work.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.

I was approved with my appeal. The approval came within three weeks of sending my appeal information package in. I am shocked. Please don’t ever give up. I wrote a four page letter to include in my package. It was from the heart, and gave a two history to date of how I have been suffering. Maybe it helped, who knows, but just please do t give up. You are worth it.

2 Likes

Congrats Karen. We love to hear success stories to keep others’ hopes alive.

David Brannen

Disability Lawyer with Resolute Legal

The response posted above is based on the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with a lawyer, fully explain your situation, and allow the lawyer enough time to research the applicable law and facts required to give an adequate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full one-on-one discussion with a lawyer should be done before taking any any action. The information posted on this forum is available to the viewing public and is not intended to create a lawyer client relationship with any person. If you want one-on-one advice, please click here to request a free consultation or call toll free 1-877-282-5188 to speak with a member with our disability claim support team.